Year in the Life at UCLA

This is your story.

Don’t worry, we won’t save any of your info. It will only be used to customize your experience.
Your journey began with a letter.

Dear student:

Congratulations! It is our great pleasure to offer you admission to UCLA for Fall Quarter 2009.

This is a remarkable achievement. You were selected from more than 55,000 students who applied to UCLA this year.

Sincerely,

You attended orientation and learned the “history” of UCLA.
A little while later, you moved to your first dorm room.
Hi, what's
your name?
I'm Josephine!
You boogied at Bruin Bash and got your hands dirty at Volunteer Day.
You submitted your ballots, Barack Obama was re-elected as president and Proposition 30, Gov. Jerry Brown's tax initiative, passed.
You watched the first Bruin basketball game in the newly-renovated Pauley Pavilion.
Every Bruin remembers beating ‘SC for the first time in six years in 2012.
Students then danced for 26 hours straight at Dance Marathon in 2012 to raise $475,422.57 to combat pediatric AIDS.
At the end of the quarter, students relieved the stress of finals by stripping down to their bare basics for the Undie Run and screaming at the top of their lungs during midnight yell.
After spring break, students elected their next USAC representatives.
Then rocked Pauley Pavilion during Spring Sing.
A few weeks later, students took over the Intramural Field for two days of music at the JazzReggae Festival.
And now you’re finishing up your last finals...
... watching graduates jump into the Inverted Fountain.
Then, this weekend we’ll say farewell to the class of 2013.
Joe Bruin
... and hello to a diploma.
Congratulations Daily Bruin Grad Issue 2013Share this on Facebook Web page by Byron Lutz, Bruin senior staff. Illustrations by Victoria Chang, Roxanne Hallbauer, Yangzi She, and Vivian Tong, Bruin staff.
Daily Bruin Grad Issue 2013Share this on Facebook Web page by Byron Lutz, Bruin senior staff. Illustrations by Victoria Chang, Roxanne Hallbauer, Yangzi She, and Vivian Tong, Bruin staff.